Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What the?

I’m somewhat perplexed by Twitter. I “follow” a variety of people from the big names like New York Times and CNN to the nobodies that might have asked, for reasons I don’t yet understand, to follow me. I kind of get it with the big names. Most often they are offering teases so I will follow their links for the latest news. But some of the others! Sometimes I think I’m on a new planet where I just can’t get a grasp of the communication style. I know that often comments are truncated. I’m also getting that the messages don’t always broadcast the way you think they will. But some are so obscure!

Perhaps the problem is just that the fact that you tweet does not make you a marketing genius. With only 140 characters you had better be concise first and clever second. At least that’s my take on it. Anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in exactly the same boat. In fact Twittering is a delicate art - but the rush of information is intolerable!

    What's your Twitter name? I'm inksreporter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PINCsf

    I apologize for the delayed response. I only today discovered the "Comments".

    And thank you for the comments. It's making it a little more real.

    ReplyDelete