Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting Started

In an effort to avoid the “dinosaur syndrome” this writer is attempting to leverage her many years of print and graphics experience into the new world of Web 2.0 or 2.9 or whatever it is called these days. (Help me.) It’s becoming clear that a connection is to be made and that the mature print industry has a lot to learn, and a lot to leverage with this new way of communication.


The exploration began last year in preparation for PINC’s annual PINCShow conference. We opened up on Facebook and LinkedIn and collected hundreds of friends and connections. Now what? The 2010 edition of the PINCShow is scheduled for May 6 in San Francisco. We’ve been exploring the technology to try and understand how we can best reach our target audience: marketers, designers, photographers, multi-media developers and the like. How do we engage them? How do we sell our event without “selling”? How do we make this a practical exercise with measurable results? How do we do it?


I don’t have the answers but I’ll be looking for them. I’ll share what I’ve learned and hope you will share what you know so this doesn’t take until the technology is obsolete to figure out. Please join me in my travels. It will be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Great start...looking forward to a dialogue
    on 'social media" for PINC

    ReplyDelete