Monday, February 8, 2010

Twitter is not for kids

Many of us are attempting to come to grips with the world of Twitter. I just heard Anderson Cooper report that the “cool” community, that is, the teens between 16 and 19, don’t think much of Twitter. But I may be beginning to get it. And since I no longer fall into the “cool” age group and haven’t for some time, I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Time.com sent a young reporter to Haite. Her posts were fascinating. And what could she do with 140 characters? Not a lot, so she kept sending additional tweets until she finished her thoughts. I felt like I was turning the page of a suspenseful novel with every tweet I opened.

We also get beyond the 140 character limit by including links that take us to full articles – or blogs like this. The new miracle of shrinking URLs help us to save characters so they don’t use up the 140 and makes this a very practical solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment